Sunday, December 21, 2008

Let's See How It Goes...

I've been working on and off again on Roger Penrose's book Road to Reality which gives a nice, meaty introduction to the mathematical underpinnings of modern physics.  I've always been a physics-wannabe but never quite had the time or the talent to make it into a profession.  SO, it's been fun recently to begin working through the exercises Road in a last-ditch effort to really get a grasp of what has been going on for the last, erh, century or so of science.
This means working up solutions of lots of math problems, solutions which I either cannot completely get or which I think I can get but for which I need people to check on to point out potential problems.  This blog will hopefully be a useful place to put forward to the Internet questions about problems  I cannot solve and/or requests to check my solutions of problems.  I definitely welcome any constructive criticism folks better informed than I might have concerning the way I am approaching/solving these problems.  I just hope that folks can remain reasonably polite and remember I am coming from a completely non-expert background. Please keep this in mind when providing feedback.  It's also ok to find my ideas hilariously wrong: hopefully this'll provide some amusement for my betters.:)

Anyway, here goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment